FLOOR can be installed in virtually any indoor area that has a clean, hard, dry surface. Here are some tips on where FLOOR can and cannot be installed:
1. FLOOR should NOT be installed over carpeting or padding, floors with hand painted or vintage varnish finish, unfinished waxed floors, any floors finished with a solvent based
sealant, oil based finish, unsealed concrete or outdoors.
2. FLOR has a firm, but flexible backing. Installation of FLOOR over a soft sub floor or existing carpeting or rugs will cause the tiles to separate when weight is applied to the
Vacuuming Carpet Tiles
Vacuuming is essential to any carpet care including carpet tiles. Proper regular vacuuming is the best thing you can do for any carpet in your home. Be sure to
vacuum carpet tiles regularly, at least once a week and more often depending on foot traffic. Carpet tiles may need more frequent vacuuming than traditional
carpet if you are using them as a rug over hard surface flooring, much of the dirt tracked into your home will be drawn to the soft surfaces of the carpet tiles.
Again, the key to effective vacuuming is consistency and proper technique.
General Spot Treatment Tips for Carpet Tiles
1. First of all, before you do any spot treatment on any carpet tile make sure you know what backing is on the tiles. Some carpet tiles are backed with a substance called bitumen
2. For all spot treatments on all types of carpet tiles, test an unseen area of the floor before cleaning the stain to ensure your cleaning solution is safe.
3. With carpet tiles you always want to apply your cleaning solution to the cloth you are using not directly to the tiles, unless you have a tile made to wash in the sink, even then you want to apply water to the tile first.
4. Blot stains do not rub them.
5. Always treat spots working from the outside and in toward the center.
6. Always thoroughly rinse spots with fresh clean water after being treated especially if you cleaned with a water-based solvent.
7. Be sure to get spots as dry as possible after cleaning. Many carpet tile manufacturers suggest using a hair dryer to dry the damp area.
8. Some tiles will allow for cleaning in the sink. Simply pull up the soiled tile and rinse in water then apply a very small amount of mild hand dishwashing soap to the stain, work in, and rinse clean.